Every year we in Wayne County celebrate Independence Day with Torrey Apple Days. And 2018 is no different – but this time is a little unusual. This year Torrey Apple Days will be held after the Fourth of July. Events will take place from the 5th to the 7th.
If you’re new to the town of Torrey, or to Wayne County, or to Capitol Reef then you may not be familiar with Apple Days. So we’ll give you the run down. Torrey Apple Days is the archetypal “Small Town America” celebration. Locals and tourists crowd the tree-lined streets of Torrey for a slice of the fun. You can haggle at the flea-market, play the games, watch the pie-eating competition, join the Turkey Shoot, and, of course, enjoy the parade.
Here is a schedule of the events planed for Thursday the 5th, Friday the 6th, and Saturday the 7th. We at the Lodge at Red River Ranch hope to see you there.
Thursday, July 5th:
- 7:00 pm – Talent Show at the Big Apple Stage on Torrey’s Main Street.
- 9:00 pm – Feature Film (Ferdinand) at the Big Apple Stage on Torrey’s Main Street. Admission is free.
Friday, July 6th:
- 5:00 pm – Community Picnic at the Torrey Park Pavilion. Admission is free.
- 7:00 pm – Patriotic Program at the LDS Torrey Chapel. Admission is free.
Saturday, July 7th:
- ALL DAY – Vendors in the Park.
- ALL DAY – Kids Games in the Park.
- 7:00 am – Independence Day Breakfast at the Torrey Park Pavilion. Adults $7, children $5, families $25.
- 8:00 am – 5K Fun Run/Walk. Registration begins at 8:00, and costs $20. The race begins at 8:30.
- 9:00 am – Color County Animal Welfare Sale/Fundraiser for Abandoned Pets. Takes place at Torrey’s Old House.
- 10:00 am – The Torrey Apple Days Parade on Torrey’s Main Street.
- 11:00 am – Pie Eating Contest at the Torrey Park Pavilion.
- 2:00 pm – Turkey Shoot at South Riverview Drive.
- 2:00 pm – Entrada Live Music at the Robber’s Roost.
- 3:00 pm – Apple Derby Race at the Torrey Post Office.
- 4:00 pm – Farmer’s Market on Torrey’s Main Street.
- 8:00pm – Big Apple Dance at the Big Apple Stage on Torrey’s Main Street. Music by the Muddy Boots Band.