An Annual Event
It’s almost Independence Day! And here in Torrey, Utah that means Torrey Apple Days is coming up! Here’s the deal, every year the communities surrounding Capitol Reef National Park all come together to celebrate the Fourth of July in classic, small-town-America style. There are parades, games patriotic presentations, and fireworks in the park. If you’re visiting Capitol Reef the first week of July, then you don’t want to miss Torrey Apple Days 2022! Below you’ll find a scheduled list of activities and programs you can check out.
This year, Torrey Apple Days will be celebrated on Friday July 1st and Saturday July 2nd (the weekend before the Fourth.)
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 1, 2022:
- 5pm to 7pm: Community Dinner at the Torrey Park Pavilion. Google Maps link here.
- 7:30pm: Patriotic Program begins at the Torrey Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Google Maps link here..
- 7:30pm: Entrada Live Music at the Robbers Roost Stage. The Quickfire Band will be performing.
- 9:15pm to 11:00pm: Torrey Dark Skies. A Star Party in the Torrey Park, celebrating the fact that Torrey is officially a Dark Sky Community.
Saturday, July 2, 2022:
- 7:00am to 7:30am: The 5K Race for the Apple! Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. at the Torrey Town Hall. The race starts at 7:30am. There is a $15 entry fee.
- 7:00am to 9:00am: Community Breakfast at the Torrey Park Pavilion. Proceeds go to help community youth groups.
- 9:00am to 1:00p: Color Country Animal Welfare Yard Sale at the Old House on the corner of Center Street and Main Street. Proceeds go to help the Color Country animals.
- 10:00am: The famous Torrey Apple Days Parade starts at ten. Just follow the crowds and pick a spot on Main Street to see the fun.
- 9:00am – 3:00pm: Apple Days Car Show at the Torrey Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you happen to have a great car that you have with you on your trip to Capitol Reef, you can enter the show. For registration, contact Kermit at email@example.com.
- 11:30am (or, more accurately, just whenever the Parade ends): The Pie Eating Contest at the Torrey Park Pavilion.
- 11:30am to 4:00pm: The Carnival and Swap Meet at the Torrey Town Park. There will lots of games for kids –including nerf wars, water slides, a foam pit – and lots of artisans selling really cool stuff.
- 12:00pm: Team Events Games at the Torrey Town Park. Which Team Event Games you ask? Four-on-four Volley Ball, and Horse Shoe and Cornhole Doubles.
- 3:00pm: The Apple Race. Another timeless tradition, and the one that gives Torrey Apple Days its name. Everybody selects and marks an apple, they are all tossed into the Torrey Canal, and the first apple to make it past the Big Apple Bridge wins the prize! It’s great fun! Meet at the Torrey Trading Post Bridge. Google Maps link here.
- 4:00pm: Raffle and Apple Race winners announced at the Torrey Park Pavilion.
- 7:00pm: Bingo inside the Torrey Park Pavilion. Proceeds go to help maintain the Park Playground.
- 7:30pm: Another great Entrada Live Music performance. This time from VadaWave.
- 8:30pm: Big Apple Dance. Hosted by the Wayne High Junior Class.
- 10:00pm (or really, whenever it’s dark enough): Fireworks in the Torrey Park. There will be popcorn!
A Chance to Hang Out With the Locals
Torrey Apple Days is the perfect chance to get to know the people who live in this part of Southern Utah. They’re fun to hang out with! We hope to see you in Torrey this coming weekend! Have a great Fourth of July!