A Yearly Tradition
It’s almost Independence Day! And here in Torrey, Utah there is an annual event called “Apple Days” that marks the occasion. It’s a classic, small-town America celebration, complete with games, food, competitions, patriotic programs, and, of course, a parade. So if you’re planning on visiting Capitol Reef on the July 4th weekend, maybe stop by, hang out and celebrate with us.
When And Where?
This year things get started in the afternoon. The parade starts at 3pm at the Torrey Town Hall. You can find the Town Hall here on Google Maps. The theme of the parade this year is “Christmas in July,” so we’re excited to see what that looks like. The majority of the other activities will take place at the Torrey Park. Located here.
The Full Schedule
Here’s the complete list of all the fun activities happening at Apple Days 2020. You can pick and choose your favorites, or you can do them all. But you’re sure to have a blast celebrating the Fourth of July Torrey-style. See ya there!
- 3pm – Parade at the Town Hall
- 3pm – 5pm – Kid games at the Park
- 3pm – 5pm – Team Competitions at the Park
- 4pm – Patriotic Program at the Park
- 4:30pm – Music Performances at the Park (bands include Rough Around the Edges, Bristlecone, The Moony Wash Boys, Lifeline, and Broken Glass)
- 5pm – 8pm – Free Dinner at the Park
- 10pm – Fireworks Display at the Park
If you plan on watching the fireworks, be sure to bring your chairs and blankets. And also, if you want to participate in the Apple Derby, be sure to grab your tickets at the Chuckwagon. You can find all the latest updates at the official Torrey Apple Days Facebook page.