Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Adventures!
Posted in: Lodge Announcements, Outdoor adventures on December 24, 2021.
It’s Christmas time again! Merry Christmas, everyone! We hope that you’re able to have a wonderful time with family and friends. At this time, we tend to start thinking about what’s next. After all, the year is coming to a close and 2022 is right around the corner. So, as is our custom, we like to take a minute and think about the places we want to visit in the coming year – sort of a new year’s resolution to find new place worth writing about. So long, 2021! Let’s do this, 2022!
Let’s Do This
There is always more to explore! In 2022, we want to hike more trails, drive more scenic routes, and see more of amazing Southern Utah. It’s the best country in the world (in our humble opinion, anyway) and there are so many great little gems that even we haven’t seen yet. Here’s a couple of ideas from our shortlist. Maybe we’ll see you out there as some of these locations:
- Hike Little Wild Horse Bell Canyon Trail – a great little canyon hike near Hanksville, Utah.
- See the Hamburger Rocks – this is a special and strange place hidden in Capitol Reef National Park.
- Explore Peekaboo Slot Canyon – one of the best slot canyons in Southern Utah, located near Escalante, Utah.
- Drive through the Valley of the Gods to Mexican Hat, Utah – this scenic route has one of the craziest mountain switchbacks in the entire state.
- See Rainbow Bridge in person – accessed from the Lake Powell boat dock, it’s a natural bridge that’s not to be missed.
It’s going to be a great year, we can feel it. Here’s to a 2022 full of adventure. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Southern Utah!